Thursday, December 2, 2010

Keys to the City: a journal quilt

   Thanksgiving weekend allowed our household some time in New York City where we have generous hosts. Thoughtful Jim phoned our car speaker from Miami to see if we had the keys to the condo. We have never before forgotten the keys, but this time we did. Just outside New Haven, we didn't panic, for we could have seen the show at the British Museum and returned to Boston. However, perfect son told us exactly where to find another set, and we drove on up to his place where a free parking spot waited to calm us.
   For this journal quilt, I wanted to show the lively NYC fabric I picked up at the wonderful City Quilter on 25th. The keys could have blocked our way but were a gate to a good time for Joe, Farley and myself. Joe and I saw shows at the Morgan, Neue, Guggenheim and MOMA museums. Farley has never met so many dogs to whom he was so polite. And I went to the City Quilter twice. Love that place!

4 comments:

  1. Love the journal quilt - and all you did in THE CITY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, new NYC fabric, different from what you and I both bought last fall! Love it and love the journal quilt. I am SOOO far behind on journaling but I cannot let that make me feel guilty. Just too much Xmas stuff to do. I will blog, though, because that's quicker and easier and forces me to be succinct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! Love the journal quilt! Loved your stories about your adventures in NYC. Farley is an amazing dog! What a delightful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the designs in the fabrics. Is the 'Times Square' design one whole piece of fabric? The keys are another fabric, right? Every journal quilt you make, I say, 'This is my favorite.' However, this IS my favorite, because I love NYC, and this is a lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete