Monday, August 9, 2010

Left Behind: A Journal Quilt


    The Jaguar Concourse in Sturbridge was at a beautiful setting, but we unfortunately left our dog Farley and my paints behind. Things I don't want to forget I include in journal quilts. Farley would have enjoyed lolling around on the banks of the lake with the other dogs and I had time to do some watercolors during the afternoon judging period. Of course, I could have used the Brushes application on the iPod iTouch; and I did play with it which secured some visual memories. (click photos to enlarge)

5 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and the inclusion of the apple and "Farley." Perfect depiction/journal of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I love the red flowers and blue...is that the lake? I agree that the apple is neat. You look relaxed and chic! Love your black and white blouse and slacks. I see that Joe hasn't taken my advice and gained weight OR turned ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scenes ! Linda, your time is ALWAYS well spent. If you're not "doing," you're THINKING, and we friends usually see the result in a journal quilt :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should paint a landscape over the "Magritte." It was the only novelty fabric of painting tools I could find in my stash. But "this is not an apple" for "this is not a pipe" may have some meaning here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first read the title and then saw the quilt with a dog, I had a horrible feeling that somehow you had left Farley behind at the lake. But reading the posting reassured me that he was simply "left behind" at home, along with your paints. Love the pictures of you and Joe, too!

    ReplyDelete