Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crafting fun: earrings and dandelions


This morning Erika and I made storyteller dolls with Model Magic and this afternoon I joined my beading group. While friends created beautiful necklaces, I plodded along trying to remember how to make earrings for my unpierced ears to go with my summer outfits. I made these three sets.

After beading I gathered materials for some more plain old fun with little purpose. I got the yellow, green and white wild 'n wooly yarn and pipe cleaners to make varieties of dandelions woven on forks I had viewed on CraftSanity for their Mother's Day blog (click on gray CraftSanity and scroll down to see the tutorial or how to). Abby had told me how much I would enjoy the podcasts at CraftSanity.com and CraftyPod.com and I believe you will also! I downloaded over 100 and am learning so much. Grandmothers must BE PREPARED. Summer is nigh.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings! I love the patterns in the beads. Enjoy wearing them. The dandelion pin is delightful & something your granddaughters will love. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I watched the video, I wanted to make it since I thought it something the grandchildren could do (weave yarn on a fork). They always run toward the dandelions since they are something they can pick. And certainly they love to blow the white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings are lovely. The red and gold are my favorites. Wow, you're up early. I promise I will view the dandelion video. I intend to use your ideas for the storyteller dolls this summer when we go to California. Must remember "Model Magic".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is attempt #2 to post a comment! I love these earrings; I'd love to know how to make earrings, since I adore them so much. I do have pierced ears and have since around age 40. I saw the story teller dolls at the B and N here in MI. Didn't buy but will when we return; in a hurry last time! Hope this one posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love these earrings! I DO have pierced ears, and earrings are THE BEST to show off an outfit or an attitude! Too often mine are silver hoops because they are easy to find and easy to wear, but I LIKE YOURS.

    ReplyDelete